Join or Renew Now!
We established EMPOWER to help women advance their careers through capability building, networking, mentoring, and educational opportunities in the field of emergency management. While we have several resources available to the public, joining EMPOWER will provide you with access to additional resources and services, such as:
- Our Newsletter Blog with interviews with leaders in the field, articles on new developments, lessons in leadership, and tips and advice.
- Access to the EMPOWER Contact Center, which allows you to search for other EMPOWER Associates based on their geographic location, areas of interest and expertise, organization, etc. This allows people to find mentors, get advice about different areas, and network with people in areas near them. All email addresses and contact information are hidden.
- A personal profile that you can edit and update to reflect your evolving experience and interests.
- Invitations to member-only events.
- Message Boards for discussing various topics.
- Access to a polling center that allows you to voice your opinion on developments in the field and give us feedback on EMPOWER services.
- A Career Center that allows you to search for positions and post your resume publicly or anonymously.
EMPOWER has two application levels:
- The Associate Application is for any professionals that have begun their career in the emergency management field. This level has a $75 contribution that is tax deductible because we have 501(c)(3) status.
- The Student Associate Application is for individuals that are enrolled in school and interested in learning more about the field. This level has a $50 contribution that is tax deductible because we have 501(c)(3) status.
Both Associate Levels offer the same services, but there is a reduced cost for the Student Associate.